Having visibility and control over the resources spread across all your cloud accounts is a significant step towards having optimal observability and control. CoreStack automatically discovers the cloud inventory of your on-boarded accounts and provides a consolidated view of that inventory.
The Resource Consistency Dashboard has a summary section and a grid view that shows details at either the Tenant level or Cloud Account level. You can also drill down further by selecting a specific Tenant or Account.
The Summary section provides the consolidated resource count by cloud provider across all accounts in that cloud. The grid view below provides details like Total Resources, Billable Resources, and Resource Inconsistencies for each cloud account. You can also use the toggle selection to view Tenant specific counts for the same details.
The Account/Tenant level view shows the following fields:
- Account/Tenant Name
- Total Resources
- Billable Resources
- Number of Resources without Resource Locks configured
- Number of Resources without Tags configured
- Number of Resources without Naming Standards
- Last Discovery Date-time (The latest time the resource data was refreshed from cloud to CoreStack. Available only at the Cloud Account Level)
You can click on the view icon to drill down into the details.
You can select the View option (Eye symbol) in the grid on a specific Cloud Account or Tenant to view more details about the costs for that account/tenant.
You will then be redirected to another tab where you can see:
- Widget showing the number of Resources without Locks. Click on VIEW ALL or the maximize icon to see the actual list of resources.
- Widget showing the number of Resources without Tags. Click on VIEW ALL or the maximize icon to see the actual list of resources.
- Widget showing the number of Resources without Naming Standard. Click on VIEW ALL or the maximize icon to see the actual list of resources.
- A drill-down graph that shows the break-up of resource counts by:
- Resource Category
- Resource Type
- Resource Group (For Azure & GCP)
- Region (For AWS)
- Cloud Account (For Tenant Level view)
You can also view cloud resources across multi-cloud environments. Each cloud resource can use a network security group to filter network traffic to and from the cloud resources in a virtual network. A network security group contains security rules that allow or deny inbound network traffic to -- or outbound network traffic from -- several types of cloud resources. For each rule, you can specify source and destination, port, and protocol.
Follow the below steps to access these different cloud inventory views in CoreStack:
- Click Resource > Inventory.
- In Cloud Services, select Azure.
- In Category, select Network. The network security group resources will appear.
- Click View under Rules to view or download resource-specific rules.
The rules should display the following inbound and outbound information:
- From Port
- To Port
- Next, click View under Tags to view the tags.
Tags enable you to categorize your cloud resources in several ways.
For example, you can categorize them by purpose, function, owner, or environment. Consequently, when you use cloud inventory manager to collect metadata from an instance, it also collects the tag information attached to that instance, making the tag information available as part of the inventory metadata of the instance.
This allows customers to filter or query inventory metadata based on the instance categorization represented by tags. For example, you can choose to query inventory only for the instances in a production environment.
After clicking View under Tags, the tag information should appear.
- To search information related a specific resource, type the information in the search box and press the Enter key. You can also copy the information under a respective field and paste it in the search box, then press Enter.
As of version 3.8, there are two new column views available: Created Time and Changed Time.
Updated 6 months ago