Observability is an important aspect of Cloud Governance. You need to be aware of all activities happening in your cloud accounts to be able to control unnecessary activities and to take necessary actions on time.
This section handles the configurations associated with managing notifications for cloud management activities happening in your cloud account(s). You can create notification rules for one or more specific activities and define required notification mechanism – mail or webhook or Microsoft Teams webhook.
Click on Operations in the Left navigation menu and select Activity option to land in Activity and Notification screen.
The following steps need to be performed to create a new activity notification.
- Click on "New" button.
- Select the Scope involved in the notification: Account, Tenant or Cloud Account.
- Account: Rule will apply to all cloud accounts across all your Tenants in CoreStack
- Tenant: Rule will apply to all cloud accounts added within this Tenant
- Cloud Account: Rule will apply only on the selected cloud account
Note: If you select "Cloud Account" as Scope, required cloud accounts must be selected from the Cloud Accounts drop-down list.
- Select the type of resource in the Resource Type field for which the notification must be enabled.
- A list of resources will be populated in the Resource field based on the resource type selected. Select the required resource from the list.
- Select the activities for which notifications should be sent in the Operation field. The activity list is populated based on the resource selected.
- Tick the Enable by default checkbox to make the notification active as soon as it is created.
- Click on Save Configuration button to create the activity notification.
A new activity notification will be created and listed in the Activity and Notification screen.
You can configure the notification mechanism for the newly created activity notification as an email and webhook notifications.
- To select a notification mechanism, select the notification from the list.
- Specify the email addresses in the Notifications section.
- Specify the webhook URL in the Webhooks section.
- Specify the URL retrieved from Microsoft Teams in the Microsoft Teams Webhooks section.
Retrieve webhook URL of the required Microsoft Teams channel to configure Microsoft Teams Webhook notifications.
- Click on Save button to save the changes.
The activity notification will be configured with the specified notification mechanism. Similarly, you can select the activity notification from the list and modify the notification mechanism whenever required.
You can manage the activity notifications by using the below explained options provided.
- Select the required Resource Type and Resources in the dropdown menus to filter and view the activity notifications in the list.
- The activity notification can be enabled or disabled by toggling the On/Off button in the Status column of the list.
- Selecting one or more activity notifications from the list will enable the Bulk Actions option which allows you to either enable or disable the selected activities.
- Select the hamburger button (three horizontal bars) and enable or disable the columns to display or hide them for viewing in the table.
You can view the activities in the following places:
- Receive email alerts when the selected activities happen
- Receive alerts on other applications configured using the webhook option under notification
- Operations Posture Dashboard lists the activities that happened within the last 24 hours. You can view these at Tenant or Cloud Account level and drill down further to view more details
- Reports option in the Left navigation menu has the following reports in the Activity Analytics section. These reports provide a view of all activities that happened in your cloud accounts, irrespective of the activity notifications configured. You can further slice and dice the data presented in these analytics reports and export as CSV file if required.
- AWS Activity
- Azure Activity
- Multi-Cloud Activity
Updated 24 days ago