Self –Service dashboard provides the numbers and cost for the self-service orders placed within a specific Tenant. This dashboard can be viewed by logging in as a Ops admin or Approver or Consumer. The view will be different based on the user’s role.
Viewing the self-service dashboard:
- As an “Ops Admin”, you will see the orders placed by any user within the Tenant
- As an “Approver”, you will see the orders approved or placed by yourself
- As a “Consumer”, you will see the orders placed by yourself
Self-Service orders can be in different statuses,
- Pending –Orders that are placed and pending approval.
- Provisioned – Orders that are approved, successfully provisioned and available for consumption.
- Failed – Orders that are approved and failed while provisioning the resources.
- Expired – Orders that are approved, successfully provisioned and finally terminated either manually or automatically.
Below is a sample screenshot of the self-service dashboard:
At the top, can see 5 different metrics related to the orders.
- Failed Orders – Number of orders in failed status
- Pending Orders – Number of orders pending approval
- Active VMs – Number of VMs actively running as part of the orders
- Expiring Today – Number of orders expiring and to be terminated on the current day.
a) While placing an order, termination date & time is also captured. When the termination date & time reaches, order and all the resources within that order will be terminated automatically.
- Expiring this week – Number of orders expiring and to be terminated within the next 7 day
These metrics are clickable. When clicking on a metric it shows the list of the orders constituting that metric. For example, clicking on the Pending Orders metric, it redirects to “Order History” page showing the list of the orders in Pending status like below:
Below the summary metrics, there are 4 different charts that provide insights regarding the self-service usage in the Tenant.
- Top Apps – Top 5 apps provisioned and utilized most will be shown in this chart. In this example, MySQL application is provisioned most, as part of the self-service orders
- Usage Cost – Total usage cost for 3 months including the current month will be shown in this chart. This gives the trend of the usage cost month-on-month related to self-service orders.
- Total Orders – Total orders created and provisioned for 3 months including the current month will be shown in this chart. This gives the trend of increase or decrease in the usage of Self-Service
- Order Status Distribution – Count of orders distributed by status till date will be shown in this chart
Note: No interactions are available with the above charts and are view-only.