How to Place order ?
- Select the App catalog & click configure order option
- Select the cloud service and cloud account
- Select the resource catalogs created as per the requirement and click Next option
- Configure Network security group (mandatory for all resource) in Add-on & move to Next
- Enter tags values/create custom tags if required & move to Next
- Enter order details, schedules, Approver** details as per the requirement and Place the order
View Placed order
As order owner(who placed the order), navigate to order history page (left menu).
In My orders Placed order will be listed.
**Approver selection available based on the governance settings
How to Approve the order?
- Navigate to Order History-> My Approvals page as Approver user
- Select the order awaiting approval
- Click approve.
How to Modify an Order?
An approver can modify the request based on the prescribed standards. In the video below, we are modifying just the termination time however as we navigate through the screens the approver can edit any of the fields that are available. Once the modification is complete, the approver can approve the request in one step
Rejecting an order
If the order is not within permissible grounds, then the Manager can reject the order.
How to verify the placed order/Provisioned order?
- Navigate to My Cloud resource page
- Provisioned resources and In-progress resources will be displayed
- Clicking on the Provisioned VM, will display the Access details and Resource properties in detail
Provisioned Order in Detail
On clicking the provisioned order, Access details and Resource properties will be displayed in different sections as below,
- Order details -Access Name, Order Name, Created By, request Status, Activation time, Total Duration, Usage till now, Termination time
- Access Details- Username, Password, IP Address and Other properties like Subnet, Image, Os Disk, etc
- Active – when the VM has been approved and provisioned by the manager, then the active status appears.
- Completed – when the VM has been approved and provisioned by the manager, but due to some technical fault, such as connectivity, does not get processed, the Admin has to manually intervene and set the process right. In such cases of manual intervention and correction, the Completed status is displayed.
This section shows the Cloud, Image and Instance Size selected by the developer while placing the request. Also, the current status of the resource, that is, pending, provisioned, approved is displayed here.
As a developer, you can quickly view the status of your orders and existing VMs using the Dashboard.
This is the first screen that appears after you log in. Also, you can click the dashboard icon available in the top right corner of the screen to visit.
Here’s how the dashboard appears:
The dashboard is split into five sections:
Section 1: Quick Numbers
This section shows at a glance the number of :
- failed orders
- pending orders
- active VMs
- VMs expiring today
- VMs expiring this week
You can dive deeper and view in-depth details by clicking on each number. That redirects you to the respective pages from where you can take the necessary actions with ease.
Section 2: Top Apps
This section shows a bar diagram representing which App has been ordered the most.
Section 3: Usage Cost
Every developer has to contribute towards optimization of cloud costs, and hence this graph is an excellent tool that indicates the monthly usage cost of the cloud resources.
Section 4: Total Orders
This section shows the total number of orders received in a month-on-month basis.
Section 5: Order Status Distribution
This pie chart offers a quick view of the number of status terminated, rejected, etc.