Orders placed can be viewed in the Order History screen. The order table shows the list of orders and indicates the status updates made such as approved, rejected, terminated, as well as modifications in order. The screen slightly differs for developers and managers.
- For Developers
- For Managers – Please refer the Manage Orders page
Orders can be managed from the Order History screen.
The screen appears as shown below:
This screen consists of three sections:
- Orders Table
- Order Information / Cost Summary
This tab provides a snapshot of all the orders raised by the developer. The contents are described below:
- Tabs – the orders have been categorized as per their status in four tabs – All, Pending, Active and Completed
- All – Shows a list of all the orders, irrespective of status
- Pending – Shows a list of orders that are pending approval from the manager. Also, they show approved orders. Orders are tagged with approved status for a short while the system begins the provisioning in the background. Once the provisioning is complete, the status is automatically converted to Provisioned and the order appears under Active and no longer under Pending.
In certain cases, the order stays in approved state for a longer period. This might be due to technical issues that may be preventing the order from getting processed. Such orders will later get converted to ‘provisioned’ once the Admin fixes the error, and be moved under Active tab.
- Active – Shows a list of orders with provisioned status. These orders have been processed and the VMs are available for use.
- Completed – This tab shows the orders which have been rejected by the Manager or have been terminated due to expiry.
- Type –This column lists the type of order. Orders can pertain to infrastructure (such as VM Provisioning), software licensing, and workloads.
- Order Date – The date on which the order was created by the developer
- Order ID – Indicative number tagged to the order. Order IDs are generic across the organization.
- Order Name – Name as entered by the developer when creating the order
- Total Cost – The sum cost of the VM.
- Status – This column indicates the current status of the order. The statuses are:
|Approved||The order has been approved and the provisioning is underway. Once processed, the status changes to Provisioned|
|Provisioned||The order has been approved and the VM has been allocated to the Developer|
|Pending||The order is yet to be approved by the Manager|
|Rejected||The order has been rejected by the Manager|
|Terminated||The order has expired|
Search and Filter Options
The search and filter options can be used to find specific orders from the list.
Order Information / Cost Summary
This section is dynamic and changes based on the order selected from the Orders Table:
|Order ID||Indicative number tagged to the order. Order IDs are generic across the organization|
|Order Name||Name as entered by the developer when creating the order|
|Order Date||The date on which the order was created by the developer|
|Status||The present status of the order. Read more about statuses here|
|Purpose||The purpose as stated while creating the order|
|Cost per hour||Indicates the unit cost of the VM on a per hour basis|
|Activation time||Indicates the date and time of the VM being first activated after approval from manager|
|Termination time||Indicates the expiration date and time of the VM|
|Total Duration||Shows the total number of hours and total cost of the VM|
|Usage till now||Shows the number of hours the VM has been in use and the cost incurred up to that instant|
This section lists all the orders that have been approved by the various managers.
The columns in this section are: