My Cloud Apps
As a developer, you can view all the resources allocated to you in the My Cloud Apps screen. Click My Cloud Apps in the side menu.
The My Cloud App screen appears as shown below:
This screen displays all the VMs requested and obtained by the developer, in a grid format. High-level details such as Order name, Unit Cost per hour, Cost till date, Estimated cost, status and expiry details are provided.
Let’s understand the status field in detail.
- Active – when the VM has been approved and provisioned by the manager, then the active status appears.
- Completed – when the VM has been approved and provisioned by the manager, but due to some technical fault, such as connectivity, does not get processed, the Admin has to manually intervene and set the process right. In such cases of manual intervention and correction, the Completed status is displayed.
To obtain in-depth details on a VMs, select it to learn about its status and other related details.
Access URLs – Cost Summary
- Access Details – In this section the VMs IP and login credentials are provided.
- Cost per hour – Indicates the unit cost of the VM on a per hour basis
- Activation time – Indicates the date and time of the VM being first activated after approval from manager
- Termination time – Indicates the expiration date and time of the VM
- Total Duration – Shows the total number of hours and total cost of the VM
- Usage till now – Shows the number of hours the VM has been in use and the cost incurred up to that instant
This section shows the Cloud, Image and Instance Size selected by the developer while placing the request. Also, the current status of the resource, that is, pending, provisioned, approved is displayed here.
A third tab, Job Status, appears when the order is being processed. It disappears after the processing is completed. In case of a technical fault during the order processing phase, the tab stays tagged to the resource.
As can be seen in the above screenshot, the instance configuration has failed leading to the error in order processing. In such scenarios, the Admin has to login and study the error. Then the Admin needs to make the necessary corrections for the provisioning to follow through.