By default, the account you have signed up has the "Account Admin" role and can create multiple users within the tenant. Users can be assigned one or more roles. Based on the roles mapped, the user(s) will have the super-set of access to the functions and actions. As the Account Admin, you can also create custom roles if required and define granular level of access to functions and actions. Read more on this in Role-Based Access section.
Click on the settings icon on the top left of CoreStack and select Users from the menu. User Management screen will be displayed. It allows you to create and manage users. There are 4 sub-tabs available in the User Management screen: All, Active, Suspended, and Registered.
- All: All the users available under the tenants will be listed.
- Active: Users that are currently in active state will be listed.
- Suspended: Users that are currently suspended will be listed.
- Registered: Users that have been created, but to be activated yet will be listed.
Creating a New User
The following steps need to be performed to create a new user in CoreStack.
- Login to CoreStack and click on the “ Settings” tab.
- Click on the “ Users” option from the list displayed.
- This leads to a page displaying all the user IDs already in the system.
- Click on the “+” icon to create a new user.
- The following page will be displayed. You will need to update the fields here to create a new user.
- Provide the following details to create the user.
|First Name||Specify the first name of the user. It is an optional field.|
|Last Name||Specify the last name of the user. It is an optional field.|
|Email Address||Specify the email address to which all the notifications to be sent.|
|Username||Specify the unique username for the user to login with.|
|Timezone||Select the time zone in which the user would be present for capturing the time stamp in the portal.|
|Preferred Language||Select the language the user will want the options to be displayed in within the portal.|
|Tenants||You can add multiple roles for different tenant accounts for a user. Select a tenant in the Tenants drop-down list and select the required roles in the 'Select one or more roles' field. Click on 'Add to User' button to map the selected tenant-roles combination for the user. Multiple such tenant-roles combinations can be assigned for a user using the 'Add to User' button.|
|Password||The default password generated using which the user needs to log in for the first time. |
Note: Password length should be of 8 characters with at least 1 special character ( _ $ ^ @ * ! # & . ) present. Also, starting character must be alphanumeric.
|Tenants||You can add multiple roles for different tenant accounts for a user. Select a tenant in the Tenants drop-down list and select required roles in the 'Select one or more roles' field. Click on 'Add to User' button to map the selected tenant-roles combination for the user. Multiple such tenant-roles combinations can be assigned for a user using the 'Add to User' button.|
|Select one or more roles||Select the roles that must be assigned to the user for a specific tenant.|
|Generate API Access||Enable the checkbox to generate API Access for the user.|
- Click on the Create User button to create the new user.
- After the user has been created in CoreStack, they will receive an email to activate their account. The email contains a link which needs to be clicked to activate the account. This link will be available for 24hrs upon receiving the email, however if the link is disabled after 24hrs please coordinate with the admin to resend the activation link.
a. If the user has been created in sandbox the mail would be sent from [email protected]
b. If the user has been created in production the mail would be sent from [email protected]
If the SMTP has been configured in CoreStack, please check with the administrator regarding the ID from which the activation mail would be received.
- After the account is created the ID created will be listed under User Management screen.
Managing Existing Users
You can manage the users created by utilizing the below explained options.
- Select the hamburger button (three horizontal bars) and enable or disable the columns to display or hide them for viewing in the table.
There are 3 sub-tabs available for each user – User Information, Tenants-Roles, API Access – that provides options to modify relevant information. You can perform the following actions in the respective sub-tabs. Select a user from the list before performing the following actions.
User Information Tab
This section displays all the details pertaining to a specific user, including – First and Last Names, Email Address, Username, Time Zone, Active/Inactive Status and Last Login.
- To edit the information provided for the user, click on the Edit icon available in the User Information tab listed in the right-hand side.
- To reset the password of the user, click on the Reset Password icon available in the User Information tab listed in the right-hand side.
- To suspend/reactivate a tenant, click on the Suspend/Reactivate icon available in the User Information tab listed in the right-hand side.
- To delete a tenant, click on the Delete icon available in the User Information tab listed in the right-hand side.
This section displays the information about all the roles assigned to different tenant accounts for a user.
- To modify the roles assigned to the user for a specific tenant, click on the Edit icon available in this tab for the corresponding tenant. Click on Apply icon to save the changes.
- To remove a tenant-roles combination assigned to the user, click on the Delete icon available in this tab for the corresponding tenant.
API Access Tab
This section lists the access keys generated for the user and with an option to regenerate access keys.
- Click on Generate Key button to generate the API access key required by the user for authentication.
Updated 5 months ago