In the CoreStack application, users can add customized frameworks to perform assessments. Each framework has multiple best practices. Users can start an assessment from a custom framework, view assessment history, edit framework details, and add/edit best practices. Best practices can be uploaded in bulk for a particular framework in the CoreStack application. Users can also view policy information related to best practices.
Creating a New Framework
Perform the following to create a new framework:
- Sign in to the CoreStack application.
- Click Compass > Frameworks.
- In the Tenant list, click to select a tenant.
- Click New Framework.
- In the Name box, type the new framework name.
- In the Description text box, type the framework description.
- In the Cloud Provider list, click to select the cloud provider and click Apply. Users can select multiple cloud providers.
- In the Scope list, click to select either Account or Tenant and set the scope.
- Click Choose Logo, and then select a logo and upload it.
- Click CREATE.
After a new framework is added, it is displayed on the Compass Best Practices > My Frameworks screen.
Viewing Existing Frameworks
In the Framework list, click to select either Marketplace or My Frameworks. The Marketplace frameworks are the ones that are offered by CoreStack by default. My Frameworks are user-defined or custom frameworks.
The Assessment History tab displays the list of assessments performed earlier for various accounts. Users can view assessment job ID, assessment type, cloud account, workload name, workload region, milestone number, user, run date, job status, and policy summaries.
- Use the Search box to find specific account details.
- On the Assessment History tab, click a column to organize and view details in ascending/descending or standard format. Keep clicking the columns till you get the desired view.
On a particular framework, the following actions can be taken:
- Click the Assess icon to go to the Workloads screen. This shows the list of workloads for various cloud accounts. Users can start an assessment from here.
- Click the History icon to go to the Assessment History tab and view the assessment details for a particular framework.
- Click BEST PRACTICES to view the list of best practices associated with a particular framework.
- Click the Edit icon to edit the existing framework details. When users click Edit, a dialog box appears, and they must click OK to proceed further. In the Edit Framework screen, edit the required fields and click UPDATE. The Edit icon is available only for user-defined frameworks.
Adding a New Best Practice
Best practices are questions that are used in assessments. A framework can have multiple best practices and best practices are associated with control information. Users can also perform a bulk upload of best practices and edit existing best practices.
Perform the following to add new best practices:
- For a particular assessment, click BEST PRACTICES > New Best Practice.
- Click Browse and select a file to be uploaded. The file should either be in CSV or XLS format only.
- Click Download Sample Format to download a sample file.
- Click Download Existing Best Practices to download a file with best practices listed in it.
- Click Save.
Additional Actions Related to Best Practices
For a user-defined framework, users can click BEST PRACTICES > click control information (this displays as a hyperlink), and then users can view the Control Information section. Users can take the following actions for a particular control information:
- Edit Control: Click this icon to edit the existing controls for a best practice. When users click this icon, in the Edit Best Practices dialog box, perform the following:
- Click Browse to upload a file with updated controls for a best practice. The file must either be in CSV or XLS format only.
- Click SAVE.
- Delete Control: Click this icon to delete the control information.
- Policy Mapping: Users can click the + symbol and view the policy mappings for the selected best practice. Users can also click a policy link to view detailed policy information.
- Equivalent Control: Click the + icon next to Equivalent Control and click the required control to view all the details related to it. This section is only available for Frameworks (Marketplace).
- Service Applicable: Click the + icon next to Service Applicable to view the other applicable services. Users can click a service or a hyperlink to view all the best practices related to it. This section is only available for Frameworks (Marketplace).
Click the Filter icon, then select the required options as per which details need to be viewed and then click Apply Filter. This applies the filter to determine which details will be shown on the screen.
Updated about 2 months ago