Application Performance Monitoring
Application Performance Monitoring (APM) technology helps you manage the performance and availability of the application, aggregating application level logs and events for subsequent interpretation.
The targeted roles APM applies most to include:
- IT Operations Specialists
- Site Reliability Engineers
- Cloud and Platform Ops Specialists
- Application Developers
- Product Owners
These solutions may be offered for self-hosted deployment, as a vendor-managed hosted environment, or via Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Enable instrumentation and collect data using Azure Application Insights
- Use distributed tracing to build and visualize end-to-end transaction flows for the application
- Separate logs and events of a non-critical environment from a production environment
- Include end-to-end transaction times for key technical functions
- Correlate application log events across critical system flows
Updated 7 months ago