This report is related to the Self-Service Portal and hence is available only for Enterprise Subscriptions.
Who can view this report?
- Department Heads / Approvers will be able to view a report of the self-service orders created within their tenants and the related cost.
- CIO / Finance Departments can be provided access to the same report, but will have access to view all Department data. They can also view Department wise summary and then drill down to user / order level as required.
Reports generated can be downloaded as PDF/CSV files for offline views and sharing to others.
Usage Cost Description
The usage cost available in this report is only for internal consumption. It need NOT be the actual cost that is spent on the Public Cloud Bills (as seen in Finance Dashboard). Reasons being:
- The cost is based on the self-service catalog created internally while setting up the IT Brokerage Platform. The cost for various resources are defined by the IT Admin and NOT necessarily the same as the Public Cloud cost.
- Not all resources available in the Public Cloud need to be made available in the Self-Service Portal. It is only a subset based on the requirements of internal consumers.
- Usages done outside of the self-service portal are NOT shown in this report.
- The pricing model for Public Clouds while a resource is in “Stopped” state is different for different clouds. This is NOT factored in at this point.
- Associated costs of resources such as Data Transfer etc., are NOT included in this report.
- The self-service catalog can also include “Private Clouds” which do NOT have a monthly bill.
One of the key values of the internal IT Brokerage platform and this report is to help attach a cost to the Private Cloud usage and track the department wise cost. This drives better utilization of the Private Clouds.
Here’s how the Chargeback Reports appear:
|Group Name (Dept/Cost Center/Tenant)||Department wise report data can be generated if the user has access to multiple departments in the organization. Report data is grouped at the cost center level to be used as the chargeback report|
|No of Orders||Total number of orders sent in by each department|
|No of Users||Total number of users tagged in each department|
|Total Usage Cost||Total cost of usage of cloud resources for each department|
This report list the orders for each department. Click on No of Orders against a particular department to view this report:
|Order ID||A unique Order ID is assigned to each Self Service request for easy tracking|
|Cost Center||The cost center to which the cloud resource has been tagged|
|Order Type||Orders can pertain to infrastructure (such as VM Provisioning), software licensing, and workloads|
|Cloud/Tool Account||The private/public cloud tool account used|
|User Name||User who had put in the request for the order|
|Activated On||The date and time on which the cloud resource was activated by admin|
|Duration||The duration of usage of the ordered cloud resource|
|Usage Cost||The total cost of the usage of the cloud resource ordered|
More details on the order can be obtained by hovering on the Order ID.
User wise Summary
You can drill down to find the user wise summary for a department by clicking on the user name in the Order List.
This report shows a user wise view of the orders for the selected department.