about 2 months ago by Alpha Mukhopadhyay
This release includes new features, enhancements, and fixes as part of 4.0 version.
Cost Recommendation Settings
- Added Azure Hybrid Benefits configuration that is related to cost savings for Azure accounts. If Azure Hybrid Benefits is turned on for an account, then the user can view the cost savings in the report. If Azure Hybrid Benefits is turned off, then no details would show up in the report.
- Cost > Cost Optimizer > Optimize Usage > Right Sizing now has metrics data for quick analysis. Since metrics change for each resource type, a resource type drop-down has been added for quick filtering.
- Added a Cost savings field on the Activity Log screen that shows the cost saving details along with the saving percentage.
- Added Activity By and Type filters on the Activity Log screen.
- Enhanced FinOps detailed report to show reservations by region. You can manage and monitor your instance reservations by region. This helps to make discount-sharing preferences.
- FinOps Assessment Detailed Report now has the ability to compare reservation recommendation cost savings across type, term, and payment options. This helps to analyze recommendation options quickly and make informed decisions.
- Enhanced recommendation description text for better understanding.
- Remediation for Azure Storage disk recommendation can now be done through UI actions.
- New cost savings policies have been added for the following resource types:
- AWS Transit Gateway
- AWS ECR
Markups & Discounts
- Added the ability to apply both a markup and discount rule to a single tenant/account. Previously, it was only possible to apply either a markup or discount to a single account. This functionality is key for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and other users who manage cloud accounts for their customers and want to apply both markups and discounts to reflect management costs and negotiated rates, etc.
- Added threat management feature for OCI accounts. OCI Cloud Guard service is used to configure threat management. For OCI accounts configured for threat management, users can monitor threats and take remediation steps.
- Added the following threat widgets in the Security Executive Dashboard. These provide an executive view to users so they can take appropriate actions accordingly.
- Threat Trends
- Threats Severity Summary By Account
- Threats By Region
- Threats Concentration by Provider
Azure Secret Key Expiry Notification
- Azure Key Vault is a cloud service that provides a secure store for secret data. You can use it to securely store keys, passwords, certificates, and other secret information. Azure key vaults may be created and managed through the Azure portal. Today when the Azure key expires, there is no notification sent to the customer. In order to resolve this issue, CoreStack is now offering notifications in these intervals:
- Initial notification email will be sent 15 days before expiry.
- Reminder email will be sent 7 days before the expiry.
- In case an account is expired, the following notifications are sent:
- Initial notification email will be sent after the day of expiry.
- If there are no updates, reminder email will be sent after 7 days of expiry.
OCI Metric Data Conversion
- Internal migration of master data from excel to JSON - similar to the earlier migration for AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Service integrations are now available with CoreStack with this release. Refer to the following list:
- AWS Cloudwatch Policy data availability
- AWS Transit Gateway Policy data availability
- Azure Event Hubs Policy data availability
- Azure Kubernetes Service Policy Data Availability
- AWS EC2 Graviton - Data Availability Requirement
- Azure DNS Policy data availability
- GCP FIlestore Policy data availability
- Azure NetApp Policy data availability
- Azure Firewall - Policy data availability
- OCI Dedicated VM Host - Data Availability Requirement
- OCI Load Balancer - Data Availability Requirement
- OCI Instance Pool - Data Availability Requirement
- OCI File System - Data Availability Requirement
- OCI Management Action support
- DB SystemsInstance PoolBlock
Metric Value Storage Performance Improvements
- Added an internal scalability improvement option which will increase the performance of the data-pull capacity for cloud operations. This is done by identifying multiple metrics for reducing the number of API calls to cloud, hence improving the performance of the metric collection.
- To see the external APIs which are added, modified, and removed in this release, refer to: https://docs.corestack.io/v4.0/docs/external-apis-40
- To see all the available external APIs, refer to: https://docs.corestack.io/reference/authtoken
Below API is not working as expected. We will try to fix it before the next release.
- Delete Service Catalog